Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thank Y'all!

I've been having so much fun at our sessions! It's great to be with like-minded people who love to read and to think about what they have read. Having studied autobiography theory, I am particularly intrigued by various concepts of self-construction. I'm also fascinated by writers' uses of different types of perspectives and narration in their fiction and non-fiction. I'm looking forward to our next session. I'm also looking forward to learning more about each of you. I am so grateful for this opportunity to study and to grow with you! ~ Josephine Neill-Browning

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

We read All Over but the Shoutin' last spring, and had the pleasure of talking with Ricky Bragg via speaker phone. It is his autobio of growing up poor in rural Alabama with some very tough scenes. Our biggest question was how did the family take the book. As you can expect there was some celebration, but mostly a lot of resentment. He got us to laughing when he told us he took his older brother aside and said, "I'm gonna write this book 'bout the family and let's see if we can get sum closer." Like they both just turned off an Oprah show! :D